Ioannina

Ioannina (Greek: Ιωάννινα, Greek pronunciation:often called Jannena (Γιάννενα, Greek pronunciation: within Greece, is the largest city of Epirus, north-western Greece, with a population of 70,203 (in 2001). It lies at an elevation of approximately 500 meters above sea level, on the western shore of lake Pamvotis (Παμβώτις). It is located within the Ioannina municipality, and is the capital of Ioannina regional unit and the region of Epirus. Ioannina is located 450 km northwest of Athens, 290 km southwest of Thessaloniki and 80 km east of the port of Igoumenitsa in the Ionian Sea.

Founded by the Byzantine Emperor Justinian in the 6th century AD, Ioannina flourished following the Fourth Crusade, when many wealthy Byzantine families fled there in the early 13th century following the sack of Constantinople. It was the capital of the Despotate of Epirus from 1358 to 1416, before surrendering to the Ottomans in 1430. Between 1430 and 1868 the city was the administrative center of the Pashalik of Yanina. In the period between the 16th and 19th centuries, the city was a major center of the modern Greek Enlightenment. Ioannina joined Greece in 1913 following the Balkan Wars.

The city has both a General and a University Hospital,[5] and is the seat of the University of Ioannina (situated 5 km south of the city, with 17 departments[6] and 20,000 students) as well as several departments of the Τechnological Educational Institute of Epirus, the headquarters of which are located in Arta.

The city's emblem consists of the portrait of the Byzantine Emperor Justinian crowned by a stylized depiction of the nearby ancient theater of Dodona.

# Islet of Pamvotis lake: One of the most notable attractions of Ioannina is the islet on Lake Pamvotis. The island is referred to as "Nisaki" (Νησάκι, Greek for "little island", literally) by everyone, including its inhabitants. Passengers are ferried back and forth from the mainland to the island (about a 15-minute ride each way) on small motorboats which run on varying schedules, according to the season (about once every half hour, or more, in the spring and summer, much less frequently in the winter). Tourists can visit the monastery of Agios Panteleimon which has been converted into a museum containing information and paintings, as well as re-creations of Ali Pasha's lounging and living quarters. Ali Pasha spent the last days of his life in St Panteleimon, waiting for a pardon from the Sultan.
# The Island Museum is not the only attraction on the island: there are many gift-shops, tavernas, churches and bakeries on the island's winding streets. Some of the people of Ioannina even choose to make the tiny island their yearlong home, with simple rowboats moored outside their homes, or in small marinas, in the event they need to get to Ioannina proper when the motorboats are not running. The island of Ioannina in Lake Pamvotis has six monasteries : the monastery of St Nicholas (Ntiliou) or Strategopoulou from the 11th C, the Monastery of St Nicholas (Spanou) or Philanthropinon from 1292, St John the Baptist (1506 AD), Eleousis (1570 AD), St Panteleimon (17th C) and of the Transfiguration of Christ (1851 AD). The monasteries of Strategopoulou and Philanthropinon functioned also as colleges. In the latter taught Alexios Spanos, the monks Proklos and Comnenos and the Apsarades brothers, Theophanis and Nektarios. The school continued its activities until 1758, when it was superseded by the newer collegial foundations within the city.
# Ioannina has wealth of attractions and museums, highlighting that the traffic difficulties in the city and the spatial fragmentation of attractions, the visitor finds it difficult enough to visit them all. The most notable attractions are the following:
# The National Archaeological Museum of Ioannina, Litharitsia Castle Square. Includes archaeological exhibits from 4 regional units of Epirus.You can see here all the history of Epirus from prehistoric Time until 19th century.
# The Ioannina castle' It is in the center of the town, and was the heart of the Despotate of Epirus, and the Ottoman vilayet. The maze-like layout of the castle's streets (many of which lead to dead ends) were allegedly designed to confuse pirates of old who breached the castle walls: they would get lost within the fortress, and thus be captured before escaping with their bounty. The citadel bears the name Its Kale 

# The Byzantine Museum: Housed in a building rebuilt on the ruins of seraglios of Ali Pasha, which was completely destroyed by fire in 1870. The museum opened in 1995 in order to preserve the findings of the wider region of Epirus, chronologically covering the early Christian, Byzantine and post-Byzantine period. Also outside the museum from the report of collections, and a cultural center after hosts musical and theatrical events, periodic reports, etc. The collections include early Christian and Byzantine sculptures and exhibits Arta, ceramics, books, pictures and valuable collection of silverware. The summer season runs every Monday 12.00-19.00 hours and rest days 08.30-19.00. The museum is accessible to people with disabilities.
# The Museum of Fotis Rapakousis: Located in the complex of Aslan Mosque, in north-west of the fortress citadel of Ioannina. The City Knights, by mutual concession relationship between him and the collector, the collection of hosts on its premises, since 2000. This has included so the cultural resources and currently operates in parallel with the Municipal Folklore and Ethnographic Museum, housed in Aslan Mosque. The entire collection contains 6,000 objects, grouped in four categories: weapons with their accessories, jewelry from the 18th and 19th centuries, various, ceramics (Islamic art pottery of the Greek area, Tsanak Kale) Opening hours: 9.00 to 16.00.
# The Municipal Gallery of Ioannina (Dimotiki Pinakothiki): Housed since 2000 in Pyrsinela neoclassical building, built in 1890. Basil Pyrsinella who served as mayor of Ioannina, spent the entire movable and immovable property in 1958 in the municipality of Ioannina. In 1960 he created the first Regional Municipal Art Gallery in Greece, which first opened in the building until metestegasi Mela in today's housing. The works of the Gallery's collection are major stoys Modern, painters and sculptors, which was collected through purchases and donations from various collectors and artists. This includes about 500 works, paintings, drawings, prints, pictures and sculptures. Hours Monday to Friday 9:00 to 13:00 and 18:00 to 21:00. Weekends 10:00 to 13:00 and 18:00 to 21:00
# Botanically, the region of Ioannina is dominated by robust, fragrant pine trees, many of which grow within the city itself, especially around the old castle, or fortress walls.
# The Cathedral of St Athanasius was completed in 1933. It was built on the foundations of the previous Orthodox Cathedral which was destroyed in the fires of 1820. It is a three-aisled basilica. It has become a place of pilgrimage for the martyrdrom of St George of Ioannina, an orphaned youth hanged in public by the Turks in 1838 for proclaiming his Christian faith.
# The churches of the Assumption of the Virgin at Perivleptos, St Nicholas of Kopanon and St Marina were rebuilt in the 1850s by funds from Nikolaos Zosimas and his brothers on the foundations of previous churches that perished in the great fire of 1820.
# The Jewish Synagoge of Ioannina: During the Ottoman period, the Jewish community, both Sepharadi and Romaniote, experienced a flowering. The Jews of Ioannina were an active presence in the city's life until March 1944, when the German occupation troops arrested the entire population, 1,870 strong at the time, along with Jews from Preveza, Arta and Corfu, and deported them to the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp, where most perished. Today the community compirises about 60 persons and the synagoge lies inside the Castle of Ioannina. Date 7th Century.
# Near Ioannina, 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) south of the city, lies the Pavlos Vrellis Greek History Museum, a museum with wax statues, like the Madame Tussaud Museum in London, England. Established on year 1995 this second Museum of Pavlos Vrellis (died 2010) is the result of the personal work of one man.

Ιωαννινα - Γιαννενα

Τα Ιωάννινα γνωστά και ως Γιάννενα ή Γιάννινα είναι η πρωτεύουσα και μεγαλύτερη πόλη του νομού Ιωαννίνων και της Ηπείρου με 111.740 κατοίκους (2011). Η επίσημη ονομασία του ΟΤΑ είναι Δήμος Ιωαννιτών και συμπεριλαμβάνει τα γειτονικά χωριά. Ο κάτοικος ονομάζεται Ιωαννίτης, Ιωαννίτισσα, ή κοινώς Γιαννιώτης και Γιαννιώτισσα. Τα Ιωάννινα βρίσκονται στο βορειοδυτικό κομμάτι της ηπειρωτικής Ελλάδας, στο κέντρο του ομώνυμου λεκανοπεδίου. Είναι μία από τις μεγαλύτερες πόλεις της Ελλάδας με πλούσια πολιτιστική παράδοση και σύγχρονες αναπτυξιακές επιχειρήσεις. Η διάνοιξη της Εγνατίας οδού συνδέει οδικά τη δυτική με τη βόρεια και ανατολική Ελλάδα. Στην πόλη υπάρχουν δύο νοσοκομεία (Το Γενικό Κρατικό "Χατζηκώστα" και το "Πανεπιστημιακό Περιφερειακό Δουρούτη"). Στα Ιωάννινα εδρεύει το πανεπιστήμιο Ιωαννίνων, με 17 τμήματα και περίπου 20.000 φοιτητές. Επίσης στα Ιωάννινα φιλοξενούνται και τμήματα του Τ.Ε.Ι. Ηπείρου, με έδρα την Άρτα. Μεταξύ των πολυποίκιλων γεωγραφικών χαρακτηριστικών της περιοχής, ξεχωριστή θέση κατέχει η λίμνη Παμβώτιδα, που παράκειται της πόλης. Άξιο αναφοράς είναι και το νησάκι της λίμνης (νήσος Ιωαννίνων), στο οποίο βρίσκεται μικρός οικισμός και διάφορα μνημεία και αξιοθέατα, όπως η τελευταία κατοικία του Αλή Πασά. Υπάρχουν επίσης έξι μοναστήρια , το παλιότερο του Αγίου Νικολάου (Ντίλιου) ή Στρατηγοπούλου του 11ου αιώνα, του Αγίου Νικολάου (Σπανού) ή Φιλανθρωπινών από το 1292 μ.Χ., του Αγίου Ιωάννη του Προδρόμου (1506 μ.Χ.), της Ελεούσης (1570 μ.Χ.), του Αγίου Παντελεήμονος (17ου αιώνα) και της Μεταμορφώσεως του Σωτήρος (1851 μ.Χ.). Στο μοναστήρι του Αγίου Νικολάου (Σπανού) ή Φιλανθρωπινών δίδαξαν κατά τα χρόνια της Τουρκοκρατίας ο λόγιος Αλέξιος Σπανός, οι μοναχοί Πρόκλος και Κομνηνός και οι αδελφοί Αψαράδες, Θεοφάνης και Νεκτάριος. Τρία χιλιόμετρα από την πόλη των Ιωαννίνων βρίσκεται το σπήλαιο Περάματος Ιωαννίνων, μήκους περίπου 830 μέτρων και εκτάσεως περίπου 14400 τ.μ.. Το σπήλαιο ανακαλύφθηκε από κατοίκους της πόλεως που προσπάθησαν να βρουν καταφύγιο από τους βομβαρδισμούς των ιταλικών αεροπλάνων το 1940.

Τα Ιωάννινα έχουν πλούτο αξιοθέατων και Μουσείων, με την επισήμανση, ότι λόγω της κυκλοφοριακής δυσχέρειας της πόλης και της χωροταξικής πολυδιάσπασης των αξιοθέατων, ο επισκέπτης δυσκολεύεται αρκετά να τα επισκεφθεί όλα. Τα πλέον αξιοσημείωτα αξιοθέατα είναι τα εξής:

* Αρχαιολογικό μουσείο Ιωαννίνων, Πλατεία Λιθαρίτσια. Περιλαμβάνει αρχαιολογικά ευρήματα και των 4 νομών της Ηπείρου.
* Κάστρο Ιτς Καλέ, Φετιχιέ Τζαμί, Τάφος Αλή Πασά.
* Φετιχιέ τζαμί:Βρίσκεται μέσα στο Ιτς Καλέ. Το όνομά του σημαίνει Τζαμί της Κατάκτησης και χτίστηκε το 1430 πάνω στα ερείπια ενός βυζαντινού ναού. Αρχικά ήταν ξύλινο, μετά όμως το 1611 ξαναχτίστηκε πέτρινο. Την τελική μορφή την πήρε από τον Αλή Πασά το 1795.
* Τέμενος Ασλάν Πασά (έτος 1618). Σήμερα στεγάζει το τριπλό Δημοτικό Μουσείο. Ελληνικό Τμήμα, Εβραϊκό Τμήμα και Μουσουλμανικό τμήμα. Το Δημοτικό Μουσείο στεγάζεται στο Ασλάν Τζαμί, που βρίσκεται στην Ακρόπολη των Ιωαννίνων εντός του Κάστρου, που χτίστηκε το 1618 από τον Ασλάν πασά. Στο Μουσείο εκτίθενται τοπικές ενδυμασίες, υφαντά, ξυλόγλυπτα, είδη αργυροχοϊας και άλλα, ενώ το έκθεμα που ξεχωρίζει είναι το Δαμασκηνό σπαθί του Γεωργίου Καραϊσκάκη. Επίσης στον περίβολο του μουσείου σώζονται τάφοι επιφανών Τούρκων, καθώς επίσης και ο τάφος του Ασλάν πασά. Ακόμη έξω από το Μουσείο βρίσκονται κανόνια και μπάλες της εποχής εκείνης. Ώρες λειτουργίας: Χειμερινή περίοδος: Καθημερινές 08.00 - 15.00 Σάββατο - Κυριακή 09.00 - 15.00 Θερινή περίοδος: Ανοιχτό κάθε μέρα από 08.00 - 20.00
* Οθωμανική Βιβλιοθήκη
* Οικία Χουσείν Ματέι ή οικία Δεσπότη
* Οθωμανικό Τέμενος Βελή Πασά
* Μουσείο Προεπαναστατικής Περιόδου
* Ιστορικό Κέντρο των Ιωαννίνων
* Στοά Λούλη: Στο εμπορικό αυτό κέντρο συνυπήρχαν, για πολλά χρόνια, οι τρεις θρησκευτικές εθνότητες της πόλης, Χριστιανοί, Εβραίοι και Μουσουλμάνοι. Αρχικά η Στοά λειτουργούσε ως χάνι και στη συνέχεια μετατράπηκε σε εμπορικό κέντρο.
* To Bυζαντινό Μουσείο: Στεγάζεται σε κτίριο που ανοικοδομήθηκε στα ερείπια του σεραγιού του Αλή -Πασά, το οποίο καταστράφηκε ολοκληρωτικά το 1870 από πυρκαγιά. Το Μουσείο εγκαινιάστηκε το 1995 με σκοπό να διαφυλάξει τα ευρήματα της ευρύτερης περιοχής της Ηπείρου, που χρονολογικά καλύπτουν την παλαιοχριστιανική, βυζαντινή και μεταβυζαντινή περίοδο. Επίσης το Μουσείο, εκτός από την έκθεση των συλλογών του, αποτελεί και πολιτιστικό κέντρο, αφού φιλοξενεί μουσικές και θεατρικές εκδηλώσεις, περιοδικές εκθέσεις κλπ. Στις συλλογές του περιλαμβάνονται παλαιοχριστιανικά και βυζαντινά γλυπτά, ευρήματα από την Άρτα, κεραμεικά, βιβλία, εικόνες και αξιόλογη συλλογη αργυροχοΐας. Την καλοκαιρινή περίοδο λειτουργεί κάθε Δευτέρα τις ώρες 12.00-19.00 και τις υπόλοιπες ημέρες 08.30-19.00. Το Μουσείο είναι προσβάσιμο σε ΑμεΑ.
* Το Μουσείο Φωτίου Ραπακούση: Βρίσκεται στο κτιριακό συγκρότημα του Ασλάν Τζαμιού, στη βορειοδυτική ακρόπολη του κάστρου των Ιωαννίνων. Ο Δήμος Ιωαννιτών, με αμοιβαία σχέση παραχώρησης μεταξύ αυτού και του συλλέκτη, φιλοξενεί τη συλλογή στους χώρους του, από το 2000. Το ενέταξε έτσι στο πολιτιστικό δυναμικό του και λειτουργεί σήμερα παράλληλα με το Δημοτικό Λαογραφικό & Εθνογραφικό Μουσείο, το οποίο στεγάζεται μέσα στο Ασλάν Τζαμί. Ολόκληρη η συλλογή περιλαμβάνει 6.000 αντικείμενα, που κατατάσσονται σε τέσσερις κατηγορίες: Όπλα με τα εξαρτήματά τους, κοσμήματα του 18ου και του 19ου αιώνα, Διάφορα, Κεραμικά (ισλαμικής τέχνης, αγγειοπλαστικής τέχνης του ελληνικού χώρου, Τσανάκ Καλέ) Ώρες λειτουργίας: 9.00 με 16.00
* Η Δημοτική Πινακοθήκη των Ιωαννίνων στεγάζεται από το 2000 στο νεοκλασικό κτίριο Πυρσινέλα, το οποίο κτίστηκε το 1890. Ο Βασίλειος Πυρσινέλλας, ο οποίος διετέλεσε δήμαρχος Ιωαννίνων, διέθεσε ολόκληρη την κινητή και ακίνητη περιουσία του το 1958 στο δήμο Ιωαννιτών. Το 1960 δημιουργήθηκε η πρώτη Δημοτική Περιφερειακή Πινακοθήκη στην Ελλάδα, που κατ' αρχάς λειτούργησε στο κτίριο Μελά μέχρι τη μεταστέγασή του στη σημερινή της στέγη. Τα έργα της συλλογής της Πινακοθήκης ανήκουν στoυς μεγαλύτερους Νεοέλληνες, ζωγράφους και γλύπτες, τα οποία συγκεντρώθηκαν με αγορές και δωρεές από διάφορους συλλέκτες και καλλιτέχνες. Περιλαμβάνονται 500 περίπου έργα, πίνακες, σχέδια, χαρακτικά, εικόνες και γλυπτά. Ώρες Λειτουργίας Δευτέρα ως Παρασκευή 9:00 – 13:00 &18:00 – 21:00. Σαββατοκύριακα 10:00 – 13:00 & 18:00 – 21:00. Είσοδος Ελεύθερη

 

002 003 005 007 008
009 010 011 012 013
014 015 017 018 019
020 022 024 026 027
028 029 033 034 037----
105 107 108 110 111
113 115 116 118 121
122 123 125 126 127
128 129 130 131 132
133 1331 134 135 1351
136 1361 138 1381 139
142 143 144 145 146
149 150 151 153 156

  

Απαγορεύεται κατά τον Ν.2121/1993 και κατά τη διεθνή σύμβαση της Βέρνης η αναδημοσίευση και γενικά η αναπαραγωγή ολική, μερική, περιληπτική η κατά παράφραση, η διασκευή, απόδοση του περιεχομένου του παρόντος web site με οποιοδήποτε μέσο και τρόπο, μηχανικό, ηλεκτρονικό, φωτοτυπικό, ηχογράφησης ή άλλο, άνευ προηγούμενης έγγραφης άδειας του Γιωργου Τρουλινου και τών συντελεστών της Ιστοσελιδας. Φωτογραφιες  Copyright: Nελλα Θεοτοκατου, Κειμενα: Wikepedia και Βικιπαίδεια

 

 

copyright 2011 landscapes.gr || Design & Development adtech.gr || All rights reserved