Elati (Greek: Ελάτη) is a village in the Trikala Prefecture, Greece. It lies at the south part of the Pindos mountain chain, 32 km (20 mi) from Trikala city.

According to tradition, Elati was settled a few years after the Fall of Constantinople to the Ottoman Empire. This is evidenced by Byzantines findings. The present location of the village is fairly new. Before 1943, the village was located more westerly, near the river. In 1943, the village was burned down in by the German Army during the German occupation of Greece. Along the driveway from Trikala to Elati is the Porta Panagia church, built in 1283 in the village of Pyli. The arched bridge over the Portaikos river was built in 1514 by Saint Bessarion II of Larissa.

In the area there are many monasteries. Monasteries still in operation are the Gouras Monastery, and Agiou Vissarionos Monastery, both located near Pyli. The rest of the monasteries are deserted, but they can be located near the villages of Neraidochori, Pyrra, Desi, and Gardiki.

Visitors to Elati can enjoy many sporting or other activities. During the winter, a small ski center, located in 7 km outside the village on the way to Pertouli, is operational. There is also a stamina-ski course. During spring and summer, there are many paths for a walking tour in the forest with springs and meadows, and also long roads in the forest to be traveled by car, motorcycle, mountain bicycle even on horseback. At a quarter of an hour from the village on Kokkinos Braxos location, are three climbing stages. Below the highest peak, Koziaka, there is the Xatzipetros's shelter which can provide accommodation for 20 people.

In the area's rivers, there is fishing and swimming in the cold and crystal-clear water. A large variety of wild animals exist in the forest, such as: pheasants, partridges, woodcocks, hares, roes, bears, and wolves. The area's flora varies greatly.


Η Ελατη

Η Ελάτη ή Τύρνα είναι ορεινό χωριό της Δημοτικής Ενότητας Αιθήκων του Δήμου Πύλης στο Νομό Τρικάλων. Βρίσκεται στο νότιο τμήμα της οροσειράς της Πίνδου, σε απόσταση 32 χλμ από την πόλη των Τρικάλων. Το χωριό είναι χτισμένo αμφιθεατρικά μέσα σε δάσος από έλατα, σε ύψος 920 μ., στο όρος Κερκέτιο (Κόζιακας). Ο μόνιμος πληθυσμός της Ελάτης με την απογραφή του 2011 ήταν 445 άτομα συνολικά στους 6 συνοικισμούς του χωριού: Άγιος Γεώργιος 15, Βλατανέοι 0, Βλάχα 0, Ελάτη 406, Λιπιότα 3 και Ξυλοχώριον 21. Ο πραγματικός πληθυσμός της Ελάτης σύμφωνα με την απογραφή του 2001 ήταν 952 κάτοικοι.

Αναφορές σχετικά με την χρονολογία ίδρυσης δεν υπάρχουν αλλά, σύμφωνα με την παράδοση, κατοικήθηκε λίγα χρόνια μετά την άλωση της Κωνσταντινούπολης. Αυτό μαρτυρούν και τα διάφορα Βυζαντινά ευρήματα. Η σημερινή θέση του χωριού είναι νέα. Το χωριό, πριν το 1943, βρισκόταν δυτικότερα και προς το ποτάμι. Το χρόνο αυτό κάηκε από τούς Γερμανούς.

Η Ελάτη βρίσκεται κοντά στο χιονοδρομικό κέντρο του Περτουλίου και γνωρίζει μεγάλη τουριστική ανάπτυξη τα τελευταία χρόνια.Έχει τουριστική κίνηση όλο το χρόνο.


1 2 3 4 5


Απαγορεύεται κατά τον Ν.2121/1993 και κατά τη διεθνή σύμβαση της Βέρνης η αναδημοσίευση και γενικά η αναπαραγωγή ολική, μερική, περιληπτική η κατά παράφραση, η διασκευή, απόδοση του περιεχομένου του παρόντος web site με οποιοδήποτε μέσο και τρόπο, μηχανικό, ηλεκτρονικό, φωτοτυπικό, ηχογράφησης ή άλλο, άνευ προηγούμενης έγγραφης άδειας του Γιωργου Τρουλινου και τών συντελεστών της Ιστοσελιδας. Φωτογραφιες copyright: ΝΕΛΛΑ ΘΕΟΤΟΚΑΤΟΥ all rights reserved -- Κειμενα: Wikepedia και Βικιπαίδεια



copyright 2011 landscapes.gr || Design & Development adtech.gr || All rights reserved